Monday, 30 December 2013

Making room

And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn. 
~ Luke 2:7 (ESV)

On the day of His birth there was no room for Christ at the inn. Even in this simple line of scripture there is a deep lesson.  I am like the innkeeper of my soul.  Either I let Christ in to the whole of my life, or I resign Him to an outhouse.  Oh, He might be nearby, someone to turn to in times of despair or pain, but in reality I need Him - I NEED Him - to be more than just 'nearby'.  He will never abandon me, but I do need to open every door of my life wide.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
 ~Revelation 3:20 

Let me abide in Him as He abides in me.

Let Him be my all.

My daily bread.

My breath of life.

My morning light.

My peace and rest.

Let Him be my all.

~oOo~

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 
~ John 15:4,5. (ESV)

Oh little town of Bethlehem
Looks like another silent night
Above your deep and dreamless sleep
A giant star lights up the sky
And while you're lying in the dark
There shines an everlasting light
For the King has left His throne
And is sleeping in a manger tonight

Oh Bethlehem, what you have missed while you were sleeping
For God became a man
And stepped into your world today
Oh Bethlehem, you will go down in history
As a city with no room for its King
While you were sleeping
While you were sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment