Saturday, 12 January 2013

Little Ones

My two girls aren't so much 'little ones' any more, my eldest is 11 and my youngest is 8, but I still think of them as my 'little ones' - LOL I really think that I'll be thinking this when they're 25! :)

I love to watch them play.  Even at 11 my eldest likes to play with teddies - so NOT 'cool' these days, but she doesn't care and I like that. Right now they're playing boarding school with them.  They dress them up too, tell them off (I can hear me in what they say, lol), make sure they've got the right clothing on for the weather - for example, if they decide to take a teddy shopping they make sure they wear rain-proof clothing.

Minding Baby - Helen McNicoll, 1911


It's so cute.  My eldest in particular loves looking after children too, I can imagine she's going to be quite a motherly mother.  She's so patient with children and caring.  I can see it in my youngest as well, though she is a lot shyer and so her lack of confidence can hinder her a little.


5 comments:

  1. It's so lovely to watch the children play, and to see their characters emerge. I like the picture 'minding baby'

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely picture isn't it? I came across it by chance when I was looking for pictures of children playing with teddies. :)

      Delete
  2. Endearing....they are getting big, our girls are, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! It gets more complicated as they get older doesn't it? Our latest issue is policing the music they listen to. I didn't realise how many awful songs there are masquerading as 'mainstream' pop. I should have known...I'm too old to keep up with pop music so I haven't a clue! LOL

      Delete