Monday, 15 October 2012

Old Fashioned Crocheted Doilies

I found a bunch of these crocheted doilies in our local charity shop.  I love them.  The man in the shop seemed quite surprised that I would like them so much. In fact he couldn't even muster up enthusiasm to suggest a price, lots of sucking of air through teeth and heavy sighs. I suppose they are considered old fashioned...but I never was into modern decor!  Give me a pile of baskets and doilies and I'm in heaven. ;)

I keep meaning to learn to crochet...but until then I shall plunder the charity shops.

Here are a few photographs of some of the doilies I bought.




I love my bird coasters too, I bought them in the summer with some birthday money.

You might be able to just make out the card I made for my husband for our anniversary (12 years this month!). :)




10 comments:

  1. What a treasure you found, yay for you!!! I enjoyed seeing your home pics too and that last one would make a *lovely* blog header. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have mentioned that the birdy in that picture was a birthday present too! He makes me smile :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I forgot to mention I LOVE your birdie coasters too. Isn't birthday money *such* fun?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought quite a few little bits and pieces for our home, I'll have to share photos. :)

      Delete
  3. my great-grandmother made these. I still have one some where. she loved making them. my mom had a crocheted table cloth she made. not sure what happened to it. lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I can imagine that a tablecloth would be quite a job! :)

      Delete
  4. Lucky you! I'm selling these like hot cakes on the old online emporium. They're going to Japan, mostly. Also, lots of people are making bunting out of them. They cut each one in half and sew the semi circles onto nice, thick ribbon. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting to know I'm a bit of an eBay queen at the minute. Hubster commented yesterday to my eldest that if she sat still long enough she'd find herself on eBay! :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE doilies and baskets, too!:)

    ReplyDelete