Saturday, 27 October 2012

My week

I was hoping to find time to post a few times this week with it being half-term, but I've been so busy.  Here are a few words and pictures. :)

My eldest's first victoria sponge.

My eldest's jogging bottoms after doing a sponsored run for charity.

A fun salad I made for my husband.

Delicious carrot and coriander soup.
My youngest's work on the World War II Blitz in the UK (it's not quite finished yet)

My eldest is in love with guinea pigs.  We have promised she can have two for Christmas, but she cannot wait.  She's been learning all about their care, drawing pictures of them, and has now made a hutch out of cardboard and a guinea pig out of an old sock! :)

My eldest's cardboard guinea pig hutch.

The guinea pig is made from an old sock. :)

We went to visit my Granddad.  He's not been too well recently, he's had one of his ears removed because of a cancerous growth and they have discovered another growth inside his other ear.  He'll have to have another operation which is concerning considering the fact that he is 93.  I would be grateful for your prayers for him, for his healing and that his heart would be softened and he would turn to Jesus. I love my Granddad.

My two did a number of drawings to show Granddad, he loves art and used to run an art group with my Nan.

My eldest's pictures, the second are imaginary pets (2 guinea pigs (of course) and a cat)

My youngest's drawings.
Well, I must go, we're having family over this afternoon for my husband's mother's 60th.  I'm hoping to get some nice decorations for the house, some lovely party food and ingredients for my husband's FANTASTIC jambalaya. :)

Have a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

  1. What a fun post! That salad was *neat*! And your daughter is a very good artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My two are loving drawing pictures at the minute, quite the little artists. :)

      Delete
  2. I love how you decorated the salad - too cute! Your children are definitely very talented and creative. I'll keep your grandfather in my thoughts.

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Victoria Sponge looks delicious :)

    Loved the pictures, it's always fun seeing what others are up to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very delicious, it didn't last long. lol :)

      Delete
  4. That sponge looks most professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, perhaps I should put her to work making more! :)

      Delete
  5. Did your daughter get her guinea pigs for Christmas? I love her homemade hutch and piggy.:) We had a piggy one time and she was so dear to us. It hurt us deeply when she passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes our girls got a guinea pig each for Christmas, in fact one is climbing all over me whilst I type! LOL

      Delete