Sunday, 30 September 2012

Homemade Goodies

I had quite a bit of marzipan left from making Mum's marzipan sweets for her birthday. She loves dark chocolate, so I melted some and coated the rest of the marzipan that I had left at home.  I gave them to her today.  She was rather pleased. :)

Marzipan coated in chocolate

Mum had also asked me to make a card to give to her sister.  So here it is.  I need to make a card for my auntie now.  I also need to make my grandma a card - but that is more urgent it's her birthday tomorrow! :)

Card for my Auntie

Inside of Auntie's card

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.  I've been busy clearing the girls' rooms and trying to organise things a bit - I have stuff EVERYWHERE it can get rather overwhelming, but it'll get done. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ooo your chocolate coated marzipan looks lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so tempted just to eat it all myself! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not really sure what marzipan is, but it looks yummy, especially dipped in chocolate!

    And you are a very talented card maker. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marzipan is an almond flavoured sweet sticky sort-of solid paste which is generally made into sweets or used in cake making. Here's a link:
      Marzipan

      Delete
    2. Oh and thank you for your sweet words! :)

      Delete