Saturday, 26 November 2011

A timely reminder


And Jesus said unto them,
I am the bread of life:
he that cometh to me
shall never hunger;
and he that believeth on me
shall never thirst.
Jn 6.35

Michele posted the following over at A Quiet Gracious Life, Michele writes: "I think these verses are a timely reminder during these difficult economic times; and I thought it might be a good idea for us all to encourage one another with them."
"Although the fig tree shall not blossom,
neither shall fruit be in the vines;
the labour of the olive shall fail,
and the fields shall yield no meat;
the flock shall be cut off from the fold,
and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation."
~Habakkuk 3:17-18

It is indeed a very timely reminder and so important, for everything must be about God.

Compared to so many in the world we live in security, we have a roof over our heads, a warm house and food on the table. We have a church and a family who are always willing to help during difficult times.  But most of all we have a God Who cares for us.  We don't have a lot of fancy stuff, but we have what really counts.

I know that I need to trust in Him and praise His Holy Name at all times and in all situations.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I just love the thoughts you added and you are right, we have SO MUCH compared to others around the world. And as a dear friend recently reminded me, "to whom much is given, much is required...."

    Thanks for taking part in this, I hope it blesses many people. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, we have been blessed with much here in the Western world. I've heard it said, "Pray to be blessed so that you can be a blessing".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful reminder. I liked what Katy Magill posted on her blog about things to be Thankful for because her ideas gave me such a perspective on our wealth.

    ReplyDelete