Saturday, 2 July 2011

~Justice~Day 7 - 31 Days of Prayer for Your Children

I've decided to take part in 31 Days of Prayer for Your Children, I mentioned this here, it originates from here: 31 Days of Prayer for Your Children and I heard about it via Ann Voskamp's blog Holy Experience.

Day 7 - Justice


Scripture:
Micah 6:8 - He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

My thoughts:

The above scripture from Micah reminds me immediately of Jesus' words in Matthew:

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!" Matthew 23:23-24

God is a God of mercy and justice and he wants people who are such. I pray that my children will grow up loving God, walking in humility following Jesus Christ and will be merciful and just to all they meet.

-Just a short post today, it's been a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment