Monday, 27 June 2011

Day 2 - 31 Days of Prayer for Your Children

I've decided to take part in 31 Days of Prayer for Your Children, I mentioned this here, it originates from here: 31 Days of Prayer for Your Children and I heard about it via Ann Voskamp's blog Holy Experience.

Day 2 - Growth in Grace

Scripture: 2 Peter 3:18 ~But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever.
My thoughts:

Grace is the most beautiful gift of God and (as far as I see it) is exclusive to the Christian faith.


For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

In God's great mercy we have been saved by grace through our faith in Jesus Christ. And here is the great loving mystery of God, that He bestows His unmerited favour upon those who love Him, who have been born-again. Most religions teach salvation or a better life through good deeds or through certain actions. But for us we have been given the grace of God - and He requires no more of us than to believe. (2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5). Even so, we must pray for our children to grow in this grace, AND in the knowledge of Jesus - the One Who gives us grace.

For to grow in His grace is to grow into the image of Him, and this must be our fervent prayer, not only for our children but for ourselves. We were created to display His glory and now with the veil removed once more we can step into the presence of the Most Holy because of the grace of God - just consider for one moment the cross in all its painful beauty...grace in action. Love crucified.

What is the grace of God? Grace is unmerited favour; to grow in grace is to become more like Christ - the words that spring to mind right now are: forgiveness, love, comfort, peace, acceptance, joy, mercy, patience, kindness...Oh how beautiful is our Saviour, so tender in heart, so gentle in Spirit. That is what I want for my children, and for this I pray, in Jesus precious Name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to mention your post about grace yesterday...and it slipped my mind. All I remember now was it was the lesson I needed yesterday from God. :)

    ReplyDelete