Tuesday, 1 February 2011

A couple of quotes


The first quote I found on A Quiet, Gracious life:


"Though I pride myself on being a daughter of the King, it seems I cannot trust Him to do His own work in His own time and way, but seem determined to insist on choosing my time and my way, and when I fail, discouragement and depression seize upon me as if the cause were lost."

This is from the book by Isabella Alden, 'The King's Daughter'. It's not a book I've read, but this quote really struck me. It's so like me. In times of trial I'm afraid my faith is weak and I try to take things into my own hands. When I fail I feel worse!

~~ooOoo~~

The second quote was found on Conversion Diary, but I didn't note the exact blog post when I copied the quote:

'When you come to know God, the initiative lies on His side. If He does not show Himself, nothing you can do will enable you to find Him. And, in fact, He shows much more of Himself to some people than to others — not because He has favourites, but because it is impossible for Him to show Himself to a man whose whole mind and character are in the wrong condition. Just as sunlight, though it has no favourites, cannot be reflected in a dusty mirror as clearly as in a clean one'. ~ C.S. Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment