Saturday, 20 November 2010

It always comes back to Jesus


This week has been a bit stressful and so sad. My Nan's funeral was on Thursday. I feel exhausted and low. I think though that sometimes we feel we ought to be happy happy all the time, but it's OK to be sad sometimes and it's OK to cry.

Times like this always make us reassess our lives. About what's important. For me, it always comes back to Jesus. He is the One that makes it all make sense. I've been dealing with my sadness by lots of displacement activity - like endless games of Bejewled on Facebook, which does nothing except make me feel a little manic and googly-eyed.

Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4

The beauty of God is that He turns sadness and pain into a blessing, for those who love Him. Yes bad things happen in this world, but Jesus has overcome the world. He is here with us, and He is within us. He is at the very centre of our life and we abide in the centre of Him.

My Nan died on Remembrance Sunday. As if I could ever forget.

4 comments:

  1. Your post reminded me of the chorus of this wonderful hymn:

    Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
    Look full in His wonderful face,
    And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
    In the light of His glory and grace.


    Hang in there my friend. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never forget such a very special lady. Each year your memories will be softer, your grief less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To everything there is a season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your Nan, my heart goes out to you and your family. I will be praying for you...bless you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete