Monday, 26 July 2010

I am weak but Thou art strong

This hymn has so much meaning for me right now. When I get things so wrong I can become so frustrated at myself for my weakness. I want to follow my Lord, and yet I trip up far too many times. The words of this hymn are simply beautiful. The author is unknown.

Just a Closer Walk with Thee

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.


Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.


And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

~Matthew 4:19-20

3 comments:

  1. Though we strive for perfection we often fail and are weak. We want to but we can't! Isn't it wonderful that we know we have Jesus to make things better. He is a strong loving God and will keep us in His care even when we fail over and over again. He is there over and over again. Till we meet Him face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can all relate to what you've said...I know I can. Thank God so much for His forgiveness. This is one of my favorite old hymns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song has always been a favorite of mine as well. (o:

    ReplyDelete