Saturday, 10 October 2009

Bible Study

22It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 24The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. (Lamentations 3:22-24, King James Version)

There's a new option on Bible Gateway to embed scripture verses - see above. It's only available on a few Bible versions.

Bible Gateway also have yearly Bible reading plans (although they all start on 1st January - if you want to start on any date go here) and a verse of the day feature that doesn't work very well on my blog sidebar, but hey-ho.

I'd like to do a chronological reading plan so I've just printed off the list. You can read it online but I don't like reading books online, I like to sit in a comfy chair a nice coffee beside me and the cat on my knee! :) I really need to get back to reading the Word everyday, I've been rather haphazard recently.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.


4 comments:

  1. I have followed a chronological Bible reading plan this year (I'm a bit behind) and it's been really interesting, especially the historical books having the minor prophets books mingled in. The only down-fall is that in this plan you don't get to the New Testament for 9 months! I found that was too long and ended up skipping forward to the New Testament for a bit.

    Blessings,
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plan I've printed off is a 61 day plan but after printing it off I noticed it misses out big chunks and focuses only on major events. So I might find another plan that I don't need to start on 1st Jan but which covers the whole Bible.

    I've found with Bible reading plans I skip about a bit as well, especially to look at scriptures relevant to teaching at church.

    ~Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, that was me who deleted my comment because I wanted to say something else.

    If you're interested, HERE is the plan I'm using.

    And I was thinking that just because the plan starts in January doesn't mean you have to wait until Jan 1 to start. You could start on the actual date and work your way through that way or go ahead and start in Genesis, even though it's not January, the dates don't have to exactly match.

    But maybe you've already thought of those things. (o:

    ReplyDelete